Summertime is the usual time for party hosts to move outdoors. Patios, decks, and backyards become THE spot to host a get-together.
- Umbrellas – One of the best things you can do to facilitate an outdoor party is to install a few patio umbrellas. Add shade and style to your patio party.
- Patio Furniture – new patio furniture makes your guests more comfortable and impressed. Is there ever enough seating?
- Lighting – If your soiree goes into the twilight hours, install solar umbrellas to provide shade in the daytime and decorative lighting at night. The solar panels on the top are eco-friendly and save on your power bill.
- Pillows – scatter some throw pillows around on your patio furniture to give it a more relaxed, comfortable and luxurious feel.
Other Ways to Enhance Your Outdoor Get-Together
- Yard games – Croquet and cornhole are easy to set-up and take down and easy to play and learn. Badminton and volleyball are favorites if you have the room.
- Fans – if it is sweltering, besides umbrellas providing shade, rent and set-up outdoor fans to circulate air to keep your guests comfortable.
- Light Fare – serve “light” food such as chilled fruit slices, salads, cold hors d’oeuvres as well as the traditional burgers and hot dogs. Light appetizers are more refreshing for your guests on hot days and save money by using less, more expensive meat entrees, which make your guests feel drowsy and over-full.