When choosing an umbrella to purchase, there are some things you should know. First, a Beach Umbrella and a Patio Umbrella are two different animals. They may look the same, but they have different requirements of which you should be aware.
When comparing Beach Umbrellas vs. Patio Umbrellas they may look very similar, they probably both shade you well, but
- Patio umbrellas tend to be much heavier. You are not carrying them as much as you would a beach umbrella.
- The poles on Patio Umbrellas need to be thicker to avoid snapping.
- The poles on Patio Umbrellas fit inside a table hole and a base.
- Patio umbrellas require a base, and beach umbrellas don’t.
- Patio umbrellas tend to have a flat bottom pole. Flat bottoms are the least effective for digging or “planting,” though of course, they’re also the safest when it comes to potential impaling.
- Beach umbrellas need a pointed bottom to spike into the sand.
Beach Umbrellas vs. Patio Umbrellas Materials
Aluminum is lightweight, which makes it easier to carry. It will also show ear long before it is likely to break. Wood is more decorative and may be a better choice for a patio umbrella. Plastic, fiberglass, or PVC frames and poles can be good choices aswell, as long as the diameter of the pole is at least an inch wide, and the plastic feels sturdy.
...for shopping MyUmbrellaShop.com
Our current lead time is 1-2 weeks for umbrellas without logos or digital print. For umbrellas with logos or digital print the lead time will be 3-4 weeks. Call for lead time on all other products.
Note: If you are buying an umbrella, unless there is an alternating fabric choice, only (1) fabric choice will be applied to your order. Please make sure only (1) is selected. Thank you.
Have quantity & business discounts available. Just call us at .
If you need Sunbrella fabrics for your umbrellas or cushions please visit http://www.stoneycreekcustomproducts.com
MyUmbrellaShop hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.
Contact us, especially if you can't find EXACTLY what you are looking for, by giving us a call at . Our online sales representatives will be glad to help you. You can also email us at . We will get back to you as soon as possible.